The Famous American Barbecue Sauce
Famous American Barbecue sauce is a great sauce used for flavoring, condiments, blasting, or as toppings for meat. This sauce gives a spicy flavor on whichever it is marinade. Mostly it used for beef and pork made on the barbecue in the Southern states of America. The main ingredient for the base of this sauce is vinegar, paste of tomato or mayonnaise, and liquid smoke. The spices such as mustard, black pepper, and sweeteners such as sugar or molasses. These ingredients include in the BBQ sauce recipe make the sauce right mix of spicy and sweet.
History of BBQ sauce - The Famous American Barbecue Sauce
Americans are using the barbecue sauce from the 17th century. It was used in other countries as well; we can see the sauce’s references in the literature written in English or French. South Carolina Sauce, a type of barbecue sauce, can be traced to the settlers residing in German in the 18th century. The early sauce was made from Vinegar, salt, and pepper. The sweet flavor was introduced in the 1920s in the famous Worcestershire sauce.
Huge Variety of Famous American Barbecue Sauce
The Georgia Barbecue Sauce company advertised the first commercial of barbecue sauce. Heinz was one of the first company for selling the bottled barbecue sauce; this begins in the year 1940. After Heinz, many companies participated in this market, and Kraft Foods (introduced in the 1960s) was able to have a more significant market share due to massive advertising. Due to success Kraft was going for cooking oils with bags of spices attached, and like the barbecue sauce, Kraft managed to sell the cooking oil in a great amount.
BBQ sauce is everyone’s favorite, but it comes in huge variety let’s discuss all the types of USA BBQ sauce:
- East Side: – Most of the American Sauces comes from the eastern region both North side and South side. The African Slaves popularized this sauce in the area. This sauce is used to baste meat when you are cooking it, and it is also used as dipping sauce. The texture of the sauce is thin, and the taste is sharp. This sauce penetrates the meats and it cuts fat out of it; there is also no sugar in the sauce, which gives us the tarter flavor.
- Western Side: – In areas like Lexington and regions of western Carolina, the sauce is called and used as dipping condiment. It is the same as the east side Carolina sauce, but it is added with tomato paste tomato sauce, making the taste distinctive.
- Mustard Sauce: – Some part of South Carolina is also known for their yellow BBQ sauce made from mustard, vinegar, sugar, and spices. This sauce is mostly in every region, but it is mostly used in the standard belt from Columbia to the city of Charleston.
- Texas: – This sauce is graciously seasoned with cumin, chili, or black pepper and fresh onions while using tomato and pieces of sugar. Sauce like this are medium-thick or completely thin, these4 penetrate the meat quickly. Bottled sauces from Texas are made like this, but it is slightly different from the homemade sauces.
- Alabama’s white colored sauce: – Alabama is known for their distinctive white sauce; it is a mayonnaise-based sauce that including the apple cider, sugar, salt, black pepper. This sauce is used as a dip with chicken and pork.
How to make The Famous American Barbecue Sauce
Many companies sell the barbecue sauces, but these packed sauces are nothing like the homemade sauces, so let’s discuss the BBQ sauce recipe, which is entirely homemade and tastier than the ready-made sauces.
The ingredients of this recipe are: –
- Ketchup: – the primary ingredient in this recipe is ketchup. In the beginning get your most liked ketchup and use its 2 cups; it will act as the recipe base. We suggest you should not use a sauce with a high number of ingredients, and it does not include high-fructose corn.
- Apple Cider: – When you use the apple cider vinegar, you are served with a tangy flavor in your sauce and able to create the much-required balance.
- Brown Sugar: – All you need is a ¼ cup of brown sugar. With that amount of brown sugar, you will get sweeten sauce. The flavor deepens and you will also enjoy very little molasses flavor too.
- Honey: – It would be ideal to add some spoons of the honey that you like most. Honey gives a thick and sweet for the sauce.
- Stone House Seasoning: – This is the seasoning which gives the sauce an arousing flavor. It is a blend of kosher salt, black pepper, garlic. These ingredients give the spicy flavor and the thick texture to the sauce.
- Lemon Juice: – We know it may sound strange, but a tablespoon of lemon juice will add the right amount of acid in the sauce will make it perfect.
- Hot Sauce: – This is optional, but we advise you to add the hot sauce because this will increase the sauce’s spice making it tastier.
Now we know the ingredients you will need to make a tasty BBQ sauce. If you have little experience in the kitchen, you can easily make the sauce. When you get all the above-mentioned ingredients, just get them together on a saucepan and provide medium heat.Just make sure you reduce the heat after the sauce is bubbled. For next 10 minutes allow the sauce to be simmer. In the end you will have a thick sauce for all your BBQ activities.
We know now which are Famous American Barbecue Sauce , but if you are not a big fan of DIY, these sauces are available in the market as well. These sauces come in a wide variety, and they are usually divided on the bases of regions. Mostly these sauces are used as a dipping ketchup in southern America.