Your Privacy is Important to Us
Last modification was made 09/24/2020.
Hi we are DynamiteBBQ! DynamiteBBQ and our brands focus on providing you with destinations you can trust and rely on for every stage of your life to connect you to great content, products and services and personalize your experience with us.
Our mission is to be clear and transparent about how and why we collect and use information and to empower you to control your personal information. You are not our product, you are our customer.
When Does this Policy Apply?
This Privacy Statement applies when you interact with DynamiteBBQ brands (“Brands”), through their websites, mobile apps, email communications and other platforms (our “Sites”)
What Does it Say?
Read this policy in full:
What Personal Information Do Our Brands Collect?
When you visit our Sites, our Brands may collect the following information from or about you:
- Online Identifiers: IP address, advertising ID, unique device ID, and other information about your device, and internal and third party IDs that have been assigned to you.
- Location Information: Information about your location that you provide us or that we collect from your device (including city, state, and zip code) (collected in limited circumstances).
- Internet Activity Information: Information about your use of our Sites and other websites you visit, including the web pages, content and advertisements you view and links you click on, and whether you open, forward or click the links in emails we send to you, your browsing history, and social media use including the “shares” and “likes” you make on a social media platform that is connected to the Sites.
- Inferences about Your Interests, Preferences and other Behavioral Data: Hobbies, and interests (like your exercise and activity levels, your favorite foods, your weight loss objectives and dietary preferences, which videos you like, your purchases, favorite recipes, or consumption tendencies).
Some of our Brands offer you the opportunity to sign up for a newsletter, register on our Sites, or purchase products from us, when you do that, those Brands may also collect:
- Contact Information: Your name, phone number, postal address or email address.
- Account/Registration Information: User name and password, reminder questions and answers, subscription and account numbers, and communications preferences (such as which newsletters you would like to receive).
- Payment Information: Billing address, shipping address, credit card or bank account number, expiration date, and card verification number (when you provide that information to us).
- Demographic Information: Age, gender, race, education level, income information, occupation, marital status, and information about your household/family status such as the presence of children/child age ranges, household size, own/rent indicator, and the length of time at your residence.
Where/How Do We Collect Information About You?
We collect information about you from a number of sources:
From you. Some of our Brands collect your contact, registration/account information, and payment information and any other information when you provide it to us on the Sites. When you make a purchase on the Sites, we also retain a record of your purchases and order history.
From your Device.
What are Cookies & Other Technologies?
- Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Other Tracking Technologies. Web beacons, pixel techs and other “tracking technologies” are small strings of code placed on a web page or in an email or advertisement. These technologies allow your browser to recognize and store certain types of information such as cookies previously set, the time and date that you viewed the page with the beacon and a description of that page.
Can You Opt Out?
In most cases, yes! There are some cookies that we need in order to operate the Sites. If you deleted those cookies, the Sites would no longer function (as an example, if we can’t remember the items you put in a shopping cart, then you won’t be able to place an order on the Sites). You can always decide to opt-out of or delete the third party cookies (cookies set by Advertisers and Data Partners) on our Sites. Keep in mind, if you block cookies, you may not be able to view or access some of the features of our Sites.
- Advertisers. In some cases, the Advertisers who serve ads on our Sites will share your email or online identifiers with us so that we can make sure their advertisements or offers reach you.
- Data Partners. We work with third party data partners who share information with us about your demographic information, internet activity information, purchasing information, and your interests, preferences, and other behavioral data, which help us understand you better and ensure the content and services we offer are relevant and compelling.
- Service Providers. We work with service providers who collect information on our behalf in order to provide services to us, such as hosting our websites, processing our credit card transactions, fulfilling your subscriptions and orders, verifying your identity, and other activities needed to help us provide our content and services to you. We only allow our service providers to use your personal information in connection with the services they provide us.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We and the Service Providers working on our behalf use information collected about you to:
To Contact You
- To send you emails, including our Brand newsletters, surveys and other communications.
Fulfill Your Subscriptions, Orders and Other Requests
- Fulfill your orders and requests for products, services, and information (including to send you email or other newsletters).
- Some of our brands offer products and services you can purchase individually or on a subscription basis. We use the information you provide at check-out to process your orders on those sites.
Create and Manage your Account
- Create and manage your Account, including providing you with access to your Account.
Marketing DynamiteBBQ to You
- We may use your information to market the DynamiteBBQ’s Brands to you, as well as the products and services of the other companies.
Personalize Your Experience on Our Sites, Including the Content and Ads Displayed to You
- Customize the content and ads you see when you use our Sites, third party sites, and in our email communications.
- Remember your browser settings and any preferences you set while using the Sites.
- Recognize you across our Sites so that we may deliver relevant interest-based content and advertising to you.
Provide and Improve the Sites
- Analyze, operate and improve our Sites (including repairing errors or debugging) or develop new ones.
- Allow you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards.
- Measure and analyze visitor traffic and usage patterns and improve the quality and effectiveness of our Sites, features and related communications.
Advertising, Marketing and other Research for our Advertisers
- Provide you with special offers, promotions and information from the DynamiteBBQ, and select third parties (as permitted by law).
- To understand trends in how the visitors to our Sites interact with the ads, content, and features on our Sites (e.g. your behavior on our Sites may be included in a general report about whether people prefer video content over written content on our Sites).
- Help our Advertisers reach you by email.
- Conduct market or audience analysis and related reporting (e.g. to give reports on who our visitors are and whether the ads displayed are effective).
Security and Fraud Prevention
- Enforce our legal rights or comply with the law.
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, comply with applicable law and enforce our see the terms of service on the applicable website.
We may use your information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information, provided we have obtained the required consent.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
We may share your personal information with our other DynamiteBBQ Companies, Service Providers, Social Media Platforms, Advertisers, and Third Party Data Partners.
- DynamiteBBQ Companies. The DynamiteBBQ Brands covered by this Privacy Statement share your personal information with each other, and will use that information as described in this Privacy Statement. Our Brands also share your personal information with other companies in the DynamiteBBQ family, which have their own privacy statements and are not subject to this Privacy Statement.
- Service Providers. We engage Service Providers to provide services such as credit-card and billing processing, shipping, marketing, advertising optimization and interest-based targeting, email and text message distribution, data processing, mobile and website analytics, user authentication, security and promotions management. We may share any information we collect about you with these Service Providers and authorize them to collect information from you directly to support the services they provide to us. We do not authorize our Service Providers to share or use your information with any other third parties.
- Social Media Platforms. To make your experience with our Sites more enjoyable, we may offer features made available by social media platforms (such as likes or social sharing). Some social media platforms may collect information directly from you pursuant to their own separate privacy policies which may differ from ours. Some social media platforms also act as our data partners, which means that we may share your personal information with them as described below under “Data Partners.”
- Advertisers. We are able to provide most of our Sites and other content to you for free with the help of the Advertisers who promote their products and services on our Sites. Brands with ad-supported Sites share aggregate visitor information with Advertisers, which includes information about your demographics, Internet activity information, interests and preferences. In some cases, we share contact information (such as your name, age, and/or email address) or online identifiers with these Advertisers. If you sign up for a special email offer from one of our Advertisers, our Brands will also share your email address and any other information you provided with your request with the advertisers you selected.
- Legal Compliance, Business Transfers, and Other Disclosures. We disclose information about users of our Sites when we believe the law requires it. For example, to respond to compulsory process or law enforcement requests, to enforce our terms of service for relevant brands, or to protect the rights, property or safety of users, the public, DynamiteBBQ Companies, Service Providers, Social Media Platforms, Advertisers, Data Partners, or third parties. Over time, we may reorganize or transfer various assets and lines of business. We reserve the right to disclose or transfer any information we collect to third parties in connection with any proposed or actual purchase, sale, lease, merger, foreclosure, liquidation, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of DynamiteBBQ companies.
How Can You Control Our Use of Your Information?
What Rights Do You Have?
- Right to Know: You have the right to ask us to tell you what personal information we collect use, disclose and sell about you.
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to ask us to delete the personal information we collect or maintain about you.
- Right to be Free from Discrimination: You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
- Right to Access or Correct Your Information: You have the right to request access to and to edit certain personal information that you have provided to us through our Sites.
We are only legally required to honor these rights in certain jurisdictions, but, we are working towards honoring these rights for all DynamiteBBQ visitors. If you are in the U.S. and wish to exercise your rights:
- Information and Deletion Requests. To exercise your right to for information on our data collection practices on this Site or request deletion of the information on this Site, please use the form available here We will need to verify that you are who you say you are before we delete or share personal information with you. After you submit your request, you will be sent a confirmation email and need to click on the link provided. If you are a postal subscriber, we may need to request more information from you in order to verify your request.
What Other Choices Do You Have?
Email. You can opt-out from any DynamiteBBQ email newsletter or other email list by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each message. If you no longer want to receive third party email offers that you requested through our Sites, simply follow the advertiser’s unsubscribe link or opt-out instructions that should be included in every commercial message you receive.
Opt-Out of Cookies & Other Technologies.
There are a few ways to opt-out or delete cookies:
On your browser (Chrome, Safari, etc.). The settings of the browser you use give you an option to accept or reject most cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) Please be aware that certain browsers cannot block or delete so-called “Flash” cookies, which use a feature of the Adobe Flash video player to store information on your computer. For information about how to delete Flash cookies, please visit the Adobe website This will opt you out of cookies on the browser you are using. If you use multiple browsers, you will need to take this step for all relevant browsers. Please note that denying all or certain cookies may result in a less personalized experience of some of the services offered on the website.
Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Opt-Out on a Mobile Device. Depending on your device and operating system, you may be able to reset your mobile device’s advertising identifier to limit this data collection or prevent the collection of usage data across unaffiliated applications for interest-based advertising purposes by accessing the privacy settings on your mobile device. Each operating system, iOS for Apple devices, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices, provides its own instructions. Visit the privacy settings for your mobile device or contact your platform operator for more information.
Opt-Out of Interest-Based Advertising
We follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA“) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral advertising.
- To opt-out of our use of your website viewing data to serve interest-based advertising on third party websites and email newsletters, visit the DAA’s Consumer Choice Page
- Most of the third party advertising and data companies we work with, including DoubleClick and Google also subscribe to the DAA Principles and/or are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the information collection practices of NAI members and your related opt-out choices, please visit the NAI’s website.
- You must opt-out separately from each computer or device and browser that you use to access our Sites and if you clear your cookies, you will need to repeat the opt-out process.
Mobile App Advertising and Tracking
Some of our brands may collect information about your mobile device, including unique advertising identifiers and the names and IDs of apps you have installed, as well as information about how you use our mobile applications and other unaffiliated applications. We and our partners use this information to enable interest-based advertising you receive through our Sites and within third party apps and other marketing channels.
Do Not Track
We do not currently respond to browser do-not-track signals. Instead, we adhere to the standards set out in this Privacy Statement and offer the opt-out choices described above.
We do not knowingly allow anyone under the age of 16 to provide us with any personal information online. Children should always get permission from their parents before sharing any personal information about themselves over the Internet. If you’re under 16, please do not register for the Sites or provide us with any personal information.
Additional Privacy Information
- Contests and Other Co-Sponsored Promotions. From time to time, we may offer contests, sweepstakes or other promotions. Participation in these promotions may require registration on our Sites. We may share your registration information with co-sponsors or other third parties involved in the promotion that we identify in the rules or entry materials. We don’t control these third parties’ privacy practices, and our Privacy Statement does not apply to their collection and use of your information. We may also share some of your entry information with third parties or the public in connection with the administration of the promotion, such as winner selection and prize fulfillment, and as permitted by the promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners’ list.
- Security, Retention and Storage of Information. We use commercially reasonable procedures to protect the information that we collect. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Please see our terms of service for the relevant brand for more information related to posting materials on our Sites including our use of such materials.
- Location of Your Data. DynamiteBBQ is located in “EU” Belgium and your personal information will be transferred to, processed, stored and accessed by us, the DynamitBBQ and Service Providers in the Belgium and in other jurisdictions where we or they operate, which may not provide you with the same level of privacy protection as you are entitled to in your jurisdiction.
DynamiteBBQ is responsible for the processing of personal information it receives under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, or subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. DynamiteBBQ complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers from the EU and EEA, including onward transfer liability provisions.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, DynamiteBBQ commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact us at [email protected] If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not resolved your complaint, you may submit your complaint at no cost to you to JAMS, our independent recourse mechanism, at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. In the event there are residual complaints that have not been resolved by JAMS, or any other means, you may seek a non-monetary remedy through binding arbitration to be provided to you in accordance with the Privacy Shield Principles.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +32 2 274 48 00